Autism Parent Care provides unique services where Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) Therapy is combined with Montessori School and the state-of-the art Applied Neuroscience Technology-Brain Mapping.
ABA Therapy is an evidenced based clinical treatment that trains communication and social practices to individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD). ASD is a condition of brain circuit problems which originates since birth. Since the brain has the capacity to grow and hence change itself, targeting certain activities will help the brain “grow” into the desired manner. It is important that clinicians, parents, and caregivers of children with ASD have the opportunity to look into the evidence on a child-by-child basis because no two brains are alike.
The combination method of therapy with ABA and Montessori accelerate the learning of language, communication and social skills in a natural setting. Both Montessori and ABA stress the importance of repetition, self-responsibility, individualized instructions, peer interactions and language growth. Social interactions and language growth are supported by interacting peers, teachers and therapists throughout the day. Executive function and other cognitive skills are actively practiced when the clients choose their work, discover a solution and complete the tasks.
Autism Parent Care uses Brain Mapping, one of the applied neuroscience technology, also called quantitative electroencephalogram (qEEG), every six months as a way to monitor the individual progress of our clients. Brain Mapping takes a snapshot of the brain, and allows determination of how the child’s brain thinks. Looking into the brain allows the clinician to design individualized program to help with the child’s unique needs and increase the effectiveness of ABA.
The main advantages of brain-based ABA include:
- When ABA therapy is tracked with brain finger-printing, ABA programs can be designed with long-term rewiring in mind,
- Visualization of your child’s brain allows better understanding of his or her behaviors. No more second guessing,
- Know if a certain behavior is due to “the environment” or to biological factors,
- Have a predicted IQ score based on brain integrity measurements because the traditional IQ tests may under- measure a non-compliant child,
- Know how close your child is to developmental milestone for his or her age,
- Assess the effectiveness of therapy at any point in time, and
- Have information of a child’s latent abilities and talents for future development.